Skills and Attributes:
• Prior experience in Arbitration
• Good Knowledge in SARFAESI
• Good Knowledge of SEC 138 and SEC 9
-Drafting Legal Notices by understanding the agreement, broad roles and responsibilities of the parties involved, breach/dispute at hand, and collecting all information from the respective team.
- Reviewing and responding to Legal notices served on the Company by collecting requisite information and inputs from the stakeholders.
- Engaging and coordinating with the legal counsel and internal stakeholders for handling the litigation including any filings thereunder till its disposal and further actions.
- Must be familiar with lending (NBFC) and post-default Sec 138, Sec 9, SARFAESI, and Arbitration.
- Must be familiar with the warrant execution process.
- Preparation and Review of documentation pertaining to secured loans viz., pledge, mortgage, hypothecation of the property, and handling of allied activities thereto.
- Liasoning with enforcement authorities and drafting an appropriate response to the statutory notices served on the Company.
- Maintenance of tracker for all the Litigation by and against the Company for periodic submission to various stakeholders.
- Drafting, reviewing, and understanding negotiations of agreement(s), contract(s), and document(s) based on the requirements from business /other internal team on case- to- case basis and providing legal inputs Advising stakeholders are advised about the various legal risks and actionable, if any that may be required.
- Drafting of Loan documents and reviewing in compliance to the applicable regulatory guidelines from time to time.
- Identifying commercial, operational, and other non-legal clauses in the agreement, etc. to respective business / support group (whichever group refers the agreement to legal) for their review and confirmation. This includes highlighting clauses in the agreement where necessary call / approval have to be taken by the respective business group / management.
- Advising on the execution and the payment of applicable stamp duty on the agreement, etc. based primarily on the duties prevailing in the respective States and on legal data base agencies, State government official websites, etc.
Minimum 7 years